Search here for conference announcements, calls for papers, fellowships and more.
Do you have an event you’d like to announce? A call for papers for a conference? Email all details to [email protected].
The Sixth Anthropological Film Festival at The Jerusalem Cinematheque is on its way (November 28–30, 2017) and we are now open for entries.
We welcome submissions of documentary films made by anthropologists, students, and professional filmmakers; we welcome films at least 45 minutes long all varieties and styles of filmmaking.
The Festival selects films that document and explore human societies and cultures in their many facets, such as, social and cultural diversity, continuity and change, and relationships with the environments, to name a few.
Send your submissions via online screener (secure Vimeo link) to Nurit Kedar at [email protected] by June 30. Submissions must have been produced in 2016–2017.
The festival is a joint project of the Jerusalem Cinematheque-Israel Film Archive and the Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
The 2018 Jean Rouch International Film Festival is now open for entries.
- The deadline to submit a film is April 15, 2018.
- Entries must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
- Films may be submitted via online screener (secure vimeo link available until November 15th 2018) or DVD.
- Only French or English subtitled versions are accepted.
- You will find the online entry form on our website, via http://www.comitedufilmethnographique.com/inscription-2018-entry-form-2018/
- The list of the selected films will be available on our website homepage in early July 2018.