Search here for conference announcements, calls for papers, fellowships and more.
Do you have an event you’d like to announce? A call for papers for a conference? Email all details to email@example.com.
The Organizing Committee invites the community to submit proposals to the 2nd International Symposium on Qualitative Research to be held in Salamanca (Spain), on days 12 and 13 July 2017.
Spanish Renaissance city par excellence, Salamanca is a World Heritage Site offering its visitors an unique experience, in every hidden corner and historic building. ISQR2017 will take place at the University of Salamanca, which is preparing to celebrate its Eighth Centenary in 2018.
Authors may submit proposals for presentation of papers that meet the goals and themes of the Symposium, including original scientific articles addressing revisions to the state of the art research and new perspectives, solutions and / or applications to real problems, empirical and / or evaluation, among others.
IMPORTANT: being an international conference on Qualitative Research, 1/3 of the article should have a focus on methodology. This approach should analyze the relation between research questions, theories and results and the methodology used. The conclusions should reflect the importance of the methodology based on the results of the work and the literature already published on the subject. Articles that do not meet this criterion will be returned for correction or rejected.
Aplication Fields of ISQR:
- Qualitative Research in Health (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Geriatrics, Gerontology, Psychology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Education (emphasis on the processes of research in various areas of Higher Education, Basic Education, Assessment, Curriculum, Teaching, Teaching Science, Languages, History, Technology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Social Science (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Communication, Linguistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Business Administration, Marketing, Management and Economics, etc.)
- Qualitative Research in Engineering and Technology (emphasis on the research processes in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Engineering Education)
- Rationale and Paradigms of Qualitative Research (theoretical studies, critical reflection about epistemological dimensions, ontological and axiological)
- Systematization of approaches with Qualitative Studies (literature review, integrating results, aggregation studies, meta -analysis, meta- analysis of qualitative meta- synthesis, meta- ethnography)
- Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research (emphasis in research processes that build on mixed methodologies but with priority to qualitative approaches)
- Data Analysis Types (content analysis , discourse analysis , thematic analysis , narrative analysis , etc.)
- Innovative processes of Qualitative Data Analysis (design analysis, articulation and triangulation of different sources of data – images, audio, video)
- Qualitative Research in Web Context ( eResearch, virtual ethnography, interaction analysis , latent corpus on the internet, etc.)
- Qualitative Analysis with Support of Specific Software (usability studies, user experience, the impact of software on the quality of research and analysis)
- Ámbitos. International Journal of Communication
- Anna Nery School Journal of Nursing
- Discourse Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal for the Study of Text and Talk
- Educational Action Research
- FOTOCINEMA. Scientific Journal of Cinema & Photography
- Fronteiras: Journal of Social, Technological and Environmental Science
- Indagatio Didactica Journal
- International Journal of Marketing, Communication and New Media
- Internet Latent Corpus Journal
- Journal Latina of Social Communication
- Journal of Business Research
- Journal of New Approaches in Educational Research – NAER
- Journal of Research Practice
- Journal of School of Nursing University of São Paulo
- Lusófona Journal of Education
- Portuguese Journal of Education
- Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal
- Qualitative Sociology Review
- Revista Ciência & Saúde Coletiva
- The Grounded Theory Review
- The Qualitative Report
Paper submission: March 5, 2017
Notification of acceptance: April 23, 2017
Submission of accepted papers: May 7, 2017
Submission of video: May 28, 2017
Payment of registration, to ensure the inclusion of an accepted paper in the conference proceedings: May 7, 2017
ISQR2016: July 12 and 13, 2017