Search here for conference announcements, calls for papers, fellowships and more.
Do you have an event you’d like to announce? A call for papers for a conference? Email all details to email@example.com.
The 2017 Jean Rouch International Film Festival is now open for entries.
- The deadline to submit a film is 15th April 2017.
- Entries must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
- Films may be submitted via online screener (secure vimeo link available until November 15th 2017) or DVD.
- Only French and English subtitled versions are accepted.
- You will find the online entry form on our website,via http://comitedufilmethnographique.com/inscription-entry-form-2/
- The list of the selected films will be available on our website homepage in early July 2017.
The Organizing Committee: Barberine Feinberg, Françoise Foucault, Laurent Pellé.
The Festival Jean Rouch, previously known as Bilan du FIlm Ethnographique, was created in March 1982 by anthropologist and filmmaker Jean Rouch.
Over the past thirty five years, the Festival’s aim has been to showcase the most innovative and relevant trends in ethnographic film-making, visual anthropology, and to promote dialogue between cultures.
The Festival selects films that document and explore human societies and cultures in their many facets, such as social and cultural diversity, continuity and change, cultural transmission, relationship to the environment…
We welcome submissions of documentary films made by anthropologists, students, and professional filmmakers. We welcome all forms and styles of film-making, without restriction to theme and length.
Organized by the Comité du Film Ethnographique, this international film festival is held in Paris (France). Each year, it brings together filmmakers, academics, students and producers, in an attempt to promote discussions and debates amongst ethnographic film practitioners and their many publics, and to favor the diffusion and the distribution of the films.