The 2019 Jean Rouch International Film Festival is now open for entries.
Eligibility requirements are:
• The deadline to submit a film is 15th April 2019.
• Entries must be completed after 1st January 2018.
• Films may be submitted via online screener only (secure vimeo link available until November 25, 2019)
• Only French or English subtitled versions are accepted.
• You will find the online entry form on our website, via http://www.comitedufilmethnographique.com/inscription-2019-entry-form-2019-2/
• The list of the selected films will be available on our website homepage in early July 2019.
Below is a short description of the festival. The Competition programme will be held from 16-23 November 2019.
The Festival Jean Rouch, previously known as Bilan du FIlm Ethnographique, was created in March 1982 by anthropologist and filmmaker Jean Rouch. Over the past thirty eight years, the Festival’s aim has been to showcase the most innovative and relevant trends in ethnographic filmmaking, visual anthropology, and to promote dialogue between cultures.
The Festival selects films that document and explore human societies and cultures in their many facets, such as social and cultural diversity, continuity and change, cultural transmission, relationship to the environment…
We welcome submissions of documentary films made by anthropologists, students, and professional filmmakers. We welcome all forms and styles of filmmaking, without restriction to theme and length.
Organized by the Comité du Film Ethnographique, this international film festival is held in Paris (France). Each year, it brings together filmmakers, academics, students and producers, in an attempt to promote discussions and debates amongst ethnographic film practitioners and their many publics, and to favour the diffusion and the distribution of the films.