The Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania is accepting applications for Bioethics Boot Camp, a three-week intensive introduction to bioethics, held at Penn on June 4-23, 2017.
Boot Camp is designed for law students and Ph.D. students in philosophy, political theory, and the social sciences who have little or no experience in bioethics and who wish to develop research interests in bioethics. Participants will receive a $4,000 stipend & lodging at Penn. Boot Camp is funded by the Greenwall Foundation.
At Bioethics Boot Camp, students will:
- Attend lectures on the interdisciplinary field of bioethics
- Participate in seminars on bioethics issues
- Attend hospital rounds with clinicians
- Get practical advice about publishing bioethics papers and pursuing a career in bioethics
- Work on a publishable bioethics paper with the help of a faculty mentor
To apply, please send a one-page statement of interest, one letter of recommendation, a short writing sample (<10 pages), and a CV to Caitlin O’Neill, Administrative Coordinator, at [email protected].
Applications due January 2, 2017