Add to Calendar
|ACOR Fellowship opportunities for the 2020–2021 academic year are now online and the application portal is open. ACOR, a research institute located in Amman, Jordan, promotes study, teaching, and increased knowledge of ancient and Middle Eastern studies with Jordan as a focus.|
|We encourage you to share these opportunities widely with your networks. Complete information about all the ACOR Fellowships is online at https://www.acorjordan.org/2020-21-acor-fellowships/|
|ACOR is offering in this cycle:|
- 2 – 3 residential fellowships for post-doctoral researchers for research or work leading to an academic publication (funded by NEH and CAORC)
- 2 – 4 residential fellowships for pre-doctoral graduate students to fund dissertation research in Jordan (funded by CAORC)
- 10 awards variously for travel, research, or accommodation for American and international students participating in ASOR affiliated archaeological projects in Jordan
- 7 awards for Jordanian undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the sphere of cultural heritage and archaeology
- 2 awards for a Jordanian scholar or working professional to travel to the USA and present a paper at the the annual meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research which will be held in Boston, MA 2020.
- 1 award for ACOR alumni of any nationality to present a paper in the USA at the annual Middle East Studies Association conference which will be held in Washington, DC Oct. 10–13, 2020.
|The deadline for all other ACOR fellowships is February 1, 2020; the deadline for the MESA award is February 15, 2020. The Awards will be announced by mid-April 2020.
Contact information: [email protected]